PTSD App: PE Coach
Prolonged Exposure (PE) is an evidence-based psychotherapy for PTSD that helps you decrease distress about your trauma. PE has been shown to be one of the most effective treatments for PTSD. PE Coach is a mobile app for patients to use with their therapists during PE therapy for PTSD. Features include:
- Education about PE therapy and common reactions to trauma.
- Ability to record your PE therapy session as an audio file on your mobile device.
- Reminders to complete homework.
- Tools to keep track of tasks you did between sessions.
- Ability to track your PTSD symptoms over time.
- Guidance for breathing retraining – ways to change your breathing that help reduce your stress.
NOTE: PTSD is a serious mental health condition that often requires professional evaluation and treatment. PE Coach is designed to be used during professional care and does not provide self-help or treatment.