NMFA Military Teens Top 10 List
The National Military Family Association (NMFA) has created a Military Teens Toolkit to give parents and other important adults in teens’ lives a way to help them manage stress and see the positive side to being a Military Teen.
NMFA’s Operation Purple® program provides a free week of camp for thousands of Military youth who have a parent serving in the Uniformed Services. The teens share the best and hardest parts about Military life in a popular activity called the Top Ten list. Here is what they have said over the past few years:
- Being a Military kid teaches you to be strong.
- Military kids make friends fast.
- Our parents are serving our country, and we have a hero.
- My dad didn’t just go on a trip; he served his country.
- Moving made me more adaptable, but sometimes when you move, you leave without saying goodbye to your friends.
- I am really thankful for everything you have done for me.
- Sometimes I feel like I want to quit and just be normal for a bit.
- There are a lot of things my dad would normally do. Now I have to do it.
- I’m turning into a teenager, and he’s not here to guide me on my way to growing up.
- Be safe a little bit longer.
Find more information about the Military Teen toolkit here