How do I contribute?
Simply send us an email at SpouseLinkEditor@aafmaa.com to get started. We’ll just need the following:
- Permission to post your content
- A photo for your author avatar
- Photos (jpg, tiff, png) or YouTube video link you want posted with your content
- Content you want posted and a short author bio (this can be a URL link to existing online content, a Word document, a PDF or content copy and pasted into the email body)
- URL links to your website and social media profiles (if applicable)
- Any specific information you want us to share
Who can contribute?
We accept informative, supportive and inspiring content from anyone that will help us link military spouses together, especially from military spouses themselves and members of the military community.
What should I contribute?
Because we mix pop culture with important military information, the possibilities of what you can contribute are endless! Our website provides career, finance, lifestyle, parenting, military transition stages and well-being content. Some ideas of what to contribute include:
- An inspiring personal story
- A blog entry from your personal site
- A recipe or DIY how-to post
- Parenting, financial or health tips
- Information about a great resource or organization
- An awesome YouTube video
Will you pay me?
Because AAFMAA (our creators) are a non-profit organization, we can’t pay authors. On the bright side, we don’t ask for money in return to post and promote your content. There’s also no messy contracts and we don’t have a problem if you share your content somewhere else.
How often can I contribute?
We’re super flexible and will work with your schedule – you can send us one piece of content or 10, weekly or monthly – what you want to post and how often is up to you.
Why should I contribute?
Because you’re awesome. There are also a lot of benefits to being a SpouseLink.org author:
- It’s another way to make your voice heard
- It’s great for your career or portfolio
- It drives traffic back to your blog, website, organization, etc.
- It helps your social media Klout because we promote you through Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Google+
- It’s free publicity
- Most importantly – you’re giving back to the military community and supporting military spouses
When will my content be published?
Our editors are online 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday and will normally have your content published within 24 – 48 hours.
How long does my content stay up?
Forever. Ok, that’s dramatic – but it’ll stay up there as long as the site is alive; we don’t remove content unless it is time-sensitive. Keep in mind, we do reserve the right to remove any content at any time without explanation, but we don’t normally do that.
What’s the catch?
There isn’t one, for real! We do our homework on all authors and as long as they have good content that supports, informs and inspires military spouses, we publish them. We do reserve the right to reject your submission, but that almost never happens; and if it does, we will give an explanation why.
What if I have more questions?
We probably have more answers. Shoot us an email at SpouseLinkEditor@aafmaa.com or tweet us at @SpouseLinkOrg.