Volunteer Your Way to Fulfillment
Committing yourself to a cause that’s important to you is a great way to achieve so many goals.
- You may be looking to bolster your skills to prep for a career transition.
- You may be volunteering to find a new work opportunity after your recent PCS.
- How about volunteering to gain experience that’ll look great on your resume before applying to your dream job?
- Maybe the little ones have started school, and you feel that volunteering is a great way to get you out of the house.
- Need to meet people in a new town?
- You may also have a passion for volunteer work – a personal mission to do your part to help others, your community and the environment.
As you can see, volunteering doesn’t just mean working at your local food bank (although it is a great place to volunteer). There are so many beneficial ways to help others while helping yourself.
With all the moves that come with MilSpouse life, volunteering is a great way to get out into the community and make new friends. It’s a way to polish skills that help you in your new community, while helping the community itself. You can also volunteer as a way to network your way into a better job, improving skills and gaining priceless experience for your resume. Grab a temp position, talk to your current contacts and you can even do some guerilla networking by walking into companies of interest to ask if they have any volunteer openings.
Get creative and remember, volunteering is a mutually beneficial tool to help you achieve your goals, whatever they may be!