What’s healthy, patriotic and absolutely delicious? That’s right, revolution cookies. We are lucky to have stumbled across this recipe on Pinterest, just in time for July 4th.
What you’ll need
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup white chips
- 1 cup dried fruit of your choice (dried cranberries, cherries, blueberries work well)
How it’s done
- Cream together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugars. Add vanilla, and eggs and beat until well blended.
- Combine oats, flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add 1/2 of the dry ingredients to butter mixture until combined. Mix in teaspoon of water and then the remaining dry ingredients.
- Stir in chips and dried fruit.
- Using medium cookie scoop, or generous spoonful drop on parchment or Silpat lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8-10 minutes.