Easy Chicken Chimichangas
We love the tasty little recipes from Gimme Some Oven! This is a great one for an easy summer lunch. It only takes 10 minutes to prep and 25 to cook and will feed 4-6.
- 2 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 2/3 cup salsa (drained of excess water, if possible)
- 6 (8-inch) tortillas
- 1 Tbsp. melted butter
- Optional Toppings: sour cream, additional salsa or diced tomatoes, guacamole and/or fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and mist with cooking spray
- In a bowl, stir together chicken, cheese and salsa until well-mixed.
- Spoon approximately 1/2 cup of the mixture into the center of a tortilla.
- Fold in the sides, then roll the tortilla from bottom to top to make a chimichanga (burrito) shape.
- Place the chimichanga seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes until tortillas are golden brown.
- Remove and serve immediately, with additional toppings if desired