Chocolate Pomegranate Clusters
Lexie’s Kitchen has whipped up an amazing, and healthy, holiday recipe! These Chocolate Pomegranate Clusters are gluten and dairy free and only take 15 minutes to make. Check out more yummy recipes here.
- 1 cup of chocolate chips ( Enjoy Life® are gluten-free, dairy-free and soy-free)
- 1 pomegranate
- Slice pomegranate in half and then into quarters.
- Place in large bowl of water and soak 5 minutes.
- Begin to break pomegranate apart under water, allowing arils to fall to bottom of bowl.
- Remove rind and membranes.
- Remove seeds from bowl, picking out any debris.
- Place on a paper towel-lined plate and blot gently with more paper towels. Arils must be completely dry. Let me stress that again, completely dry. To ensure this, I leave them out to air dry further for a couple hours or place them on a plate in a barely heated oven (that has been turned off). Any residual moisture will prevent the chocolate from binding to the arils and the clusters will fall apart.
- Line a mini muffin pan with 20 mini muffin cups/liners.
- Pour chocolate chips into a heavy-duty zip top bag, shake down into one corner.
- Place in microwave and heat in 15-20 second intervals, removing each time to knead.
- Continue until chocolate is smooth and viscous.
- Squeeze chocolate down into one corner.
- Snip off a tiny corner to make a makeshift piping bag.
- Drizzle chocolate into bottom of cups.
- Add a layer of pomegranate arils to each cup.
- Drizzle with more chocolate.
- Repeat so that you have four layers of chocolate and three layers of arils.
- Allow to harden in a cool, dry place.