20 Easy Casseroles
Looking for something warm to eat on these cold November nights? Check out Saveur’s 20 easy casseroles. Here is one of our favorites – Cheesy Corn!
- 4 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 2 oz. Velveeta, cubed
- 2 cups grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 3 lb. fresh or frozen corn kernels
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Heat bacon in a 6-qt. saucepan over medium heat, and cook, stirring, until browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add butter and garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add flour, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk, and bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Add cream cheese, Velveeta, cheddar, and paprika, and cook until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in corn; season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to a 9″ × 13″ baking dish and bake until top is golden brown and bubbling, about 40 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.